Jonas Center Advisory Board Welcomes New Members
NEW YORK, NY, February 27, 2017 – The Jonas Center for Nursing and Veterans Healthcare today announced updates to its national Advisory Board, including three new members:
- Patricia D. Horoho, U.S. Army’s 43rd Surgeon General, where she was the first female and nurse to command the Army’s Medical Command.
- Joan A. Payden, CFA®, President and CEO of Payden & Rygel, a global management firm based in Los Angeles. Since founding the company in 1983, she has overseen the firm’s international expansion and growth to more than $105 billion in assets.
- Richard J. Zall, Esq., Chair, Health Care Department, Proskauer, NYC. At the international law firm, Zall focuses on corporate and regulatory representation of a wide array of healthcare services and technology clients, as well as private equity firms and lenders to the healthcare industry.
“We are pleased to welcome Patricia, Joan, and Richard to the Advisory Board,” said Donald Jonas, philanthropist and co-founder of the Jonas Center. “Their experience, incredible networks and dedication to the nursing community will help us build upon the Jonas Center’s commitment to creating better healthcare through furthering the nursing profession.”
“We would also like to thank our members who have completed their board service for their generous contributions to the success of the Jonas Center,” Jonas said. “I know we will continue to feel their impact on our organization and the nursing community for many years to come.”
- William Baker, PhD, President Emeritus, Thirteen/WNET New York
- William Gorham, JD, President Emeritus, Urban Institute
- Geoff Colvin, JD, MBA, Partner, CEW Partners New York
- Carol Raphael, MPA, Senior Advisor, Manatt Health Solutions
- James R. Tallon, Jr., President, United Hospital Fund of New York
For a full list of Jonas Center Advisory Board Members, please visit jonasphilanthropies.org/board.
About the Jonas Center for Nursing and Veterans Healthcare
In 2006, Barbara and Donald Jonas established the Jonas Center for Nursing and Veterans Healthcare, the leading national philanthropic funder dedicated to improving healthcare by advancing nursing scholarship, leadership and innovation. Its two main programs are the Jonas Nurse Leaders Scholar Program, which aims to address the dire shortage of nursing faculty by preparing nurses with doctoral degrees to step into this critical role, and the Jonas Veterans Healthcare Program, which seeks to improve the health of veterans by supporting doctoral-level nursing candidates committed to advancing veterans’ healthcare. These programs currently support more than 1,000 doctoral Nurse Scholars nationwide.
For more information about the Jonas Center, visit www.jonascenter.org, follow us on Twitter at @JonasCenter, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/JonasCenterforNursingExcellence.