Khan Academy to develop NCLEX-RN modules
2013-14 A grant to Khan Academy and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) to support an international contest that generated free online healthcare tutorials, specifically to support graduates of nursing programs in preparation for the NCLEX-RN exam.
Amount: $275,000 to Khan Academy
2014-15 Develop new and improved healthcare-related content on Khan’s free learning website. Partnership with AACN to provide Nursing expertise.
Amount: $500,000 to Khan Academy; $60,652 to AACN
- Innovative partnership: Philanthropy, Nursing, Silicon Valley
- Open Access education
- Nursing prominent on Khan model of providing education: “Free, world class education for anyone, anywhere”
- Global uptake of healthcare information
- Utilized in Nursing curricula across the country
- Interprofessional application